The event is all about the community of Canso and 4 local non-profits working together to showcase their community and help out a couple local causes. The Canso Area Development Association partners with Stanfest to make it all happen. We also raise a little money for local minor hockey and figure skating along the way. Lost Shores likes to promote the area to support their real estate business and we’re pretty good at organizing events so we’re happy to donate our time to make it all happen.
We’ll have a liability waiver and a few rules but nothing too onerous, we just want to make sure everything we do is safe and does not leave anyone with an unhappy experience.
You can consume alcohol on Stanfest property but please do not leave the grounds with your drink. That will cause someone some heartburn so please play nice.
Gates open Friday 13th at noon. Upon arrival, you will be greeted with a friendly face and a brief registration process. This will include signing a liability waiver, collecting t-shirt, meal tickets, site map and wrist bands.
Lunches Friday, Saturday and Sunday are not included. You have multiple choices:
- Coop Grocery & deli in Canso, open at Fri 8-8, Sat 8-5, Sunday closed
- Harbour View Bakery in Canso, open noon to 7 pm, 7 days a week
- AJ’s Pub in Canso, open noon to 8 pm, 7 days a week.
- Canso Arena canteen at the event site.
- Robins Donuts and Gas in Guysborough 902-533-2993 6 am – 9 pm 7 days a week
- Days Gone By Bakery in Guysborough, 902-533-2762, www.daysgoneby.ca
- Big G’s in Guysborough, 902-533-1886, www.biggspizza.ca
- Averys Independent Grocery & Deli, Guysborough. Fri 8-9pm, Sat 8-6, Sun 10-6